How to sew ugg boots for a baby
Warm and charming ugg boots for babies and kids for the winter. It is very convenient and not slippery to walk on snow paths and ice coverings. A natural product with fur elements is ready to retain heat even at the lowest temperatures. Traditionally, these shoes are made of sheepskin, the soft pile remains inside, it absorbs moisture well and therefore the legs will always remain dry. The huge popularity of this type of shoe does not yet guarantee that it can be found for a small child. It doesn’t matter, since this couple can be sewn independently with your own hands and no worse than in a company store. But this craftsmanship will be distinguished by quality fabric and original design.
Uggs for the baby: how to make a pattern
Pattern for ugg boots consists of only three parts. You can buy it in the store, but you can sketch it yourself. Size is for a child up to a year. If desired, you can change the drawing of the pattern.
In order to transfer the pattern to the fabric, you need to use soap, crayon or a special disappearing marker.
Cut one pattern from each material. For the foot, it is better to make 4 soles from felt. Of these, two on the right and two on the left leg.
Important! The dashed line shows the available part of the material for correction at the time of sewing.
What is required for children’s uggs
So many different shoe models can be seen on the Internet pages. These are all products created by the hands of masters. Different fabrics, based on a sheepskin and various decorative elements.
Children’s ugg boots will require the following list of materials:
- glue gun;
- necessary fittings (buttons / fasteners);
- threads and yarn;
- duct tape;
- sewing machine;
- sharp and strong scissors;
- chalk, a small piece of soap or a special marker that disappears to mark the pattern on the fabric;
- pattern for future product;
- light and soft piece of sheepskin.
There are very interesting knitted uggs. They will require the same components, only additionally it will be necessary to knit the corresponding parts from the yarn.
How to sew soft and comfortable uggs for the baby
The process begins with preparation. It consists in a special piercing of holes. For this, awl is necessary. It is very important that with manual stitching the needle passes easily and nothing restrains the thread. Also at this stage it will be easy to make neat and even holes and the seam will be quite even and presentable. Holes must be made at an equal distance both from each other and from the edge of the product.
But such a procedure is not necessary if it is planned to sew ugg boots on a typewriter using a closed seam.
Closed-seam products also look beautiful, but the difficulty will be in an even seam, since the boots are very small, and not every machine can handle such a thick material.
Important! An open and even seam can be made with contrasting thread. To do this, you need to select a thread that would fit the material in a color scheme.
Stitching toe and lower leg. After preparing each part, piercing the holes with an awl. You can connect the two parts of the shin and the toe. Align at marked A and start stitching with neat stitches. It is better to stitch the needle with the usual seam forward. Next, walk a second time in a circle and complete the empty spaces, it will turn out almost a machine seam.
Important! When using a thin thread, it is necessary to sew a thread in several additions.
Sewing is better from point A, so even significant displacement of the fabric can be avoided, and as a result you will get an even seam without assemblies. First right, make a line, then left.
You May Also Like: Leather uggs: The choice of practical fashionista
Next, crosslinking occurs with the foot. It is better to sew a stop from the middle of the toe. Combine the toe of the foot with the toe and begin stitching. You can slightly pin with pins, so you get a more even flawless connection of parts. Sew from the center point to the right and left to the middle of the heel. Similarly, flash a second pair of patterns.
It remains to make the last seam – it connects the sides of the lower leg. If you plan any fastener on the back of the shoe, then you do not need to stitch it to the end. and leave a place for a fastener.
It is necessary to collect everything. With fur inserts, make the same seams and then insert the sheepskin into the finished parts. It is better to strengthen all this with invisible hidden seams, but so that the nodules are hidden between the tabs and do not interfere with the leg.
Very often ugg boots are made with Velcro. For a child, it is very convenient. Mom, dressing up the baby, will be happy with such a simple clasp. After a walk, it will be easier to undress the child, some children in a year can already cope with these types of fasteners on their own. Some rules for fastening such a convenient and practical fastener:
- pattern. For children’s shoes, it is better to cut a rectangular shape of Velcro tape. The standard width is 2 cm and the length is 3-4 cm. So, it will last a long time and will be securely fixed without unfastening from tension;
- sewing on. All Velcro has special strips without sticky pile. This is where the seam should go. Therefore, in such places you need to go with a needle and make small, even stitches.
Important! You don’t need to sew with a long thread, so it will constantly climb on Velcro and get confused and spoil the fastener.
The fastener fabric itself is very dense and therefore, when making a seam, a special thimble will be required, it will help not to injure your hands and make work faster.
That’s all the subtleties of working with children’s shoes for the winter. After the product is completed, it can be decorated with different applications. Or just sew on a plain label from the store. Who has the imagination for the ugg boots themselves, he will not encounter the difficulties of decorating the finished product.
How to choose ugg boots for girls: expert tips and tricks
Most fashionistas managed to appreciate the convenience of fashionable boots with the ridiculous name “ugg boots”. In such shoes it is as comfortable as in slippers. Naturally, such shoes are produced not only for adults, but also for children. We will figure out how to choose and what to wear ugg boots for girls with.
To begin with, it is worth noting the main advantages that distinguish children’s uggs. Since this shoe is made from natural sheepskin, it is difficult to imagine something more warm, cozy and comfortable.
Natural material creates the most favorable microclimate inside the boot. The legs of the child will not freeze, but they will not sweat; in any weather on the street, the girl’s feet will remain warm and dry. And everyone knows that in winter it is very important to keep your feet warm.
Choosing winter uggs for girls, you need to measure shoes with one toe. Please note that the sock should be made of wool yarn, not acrylic. Make sure that the shoes fit the girl in size, in no case, do not take boots “for growth.” Otherwise, it will be very difficult for the child to walk in them; if the shoes are large, then they will jump off their feet when walking. If the ugg boots are chosen correctly, the girl will be able to run and play as much as necessary, her legs will not get tired.
Unfortunately, the disadvantages of this version of shoes are also available. The main one is a flat sole. Orthopedists advise children to choose shoes with hard soles with a small steady heel. In this case, the model should be securely fixed on the leg.
Ugg boots do not meet these requirements. Theoretically, these shoes can cause problems in the development of the musculoskeletal system of the child. But this drawback is quite simple to “eliminate”. Do not buy uggs for everyday shoes.. Wear it periodically (for example, during frosts). If you do not wear them constantly, then they will not bring any harm to the child.
Moreover, wearing natural uggs is unlikely to succeed all the time, since the material from which they are made does not tolerate moisture. If there is slush on the street, then you need to choose other boots for your daughter.
Poor moisture tolerance is inherent only to models from ordinary suede. If you buy ugg boots made of doused suede for your daughter, then you can wear shoes during the thaw, when under your feet there is “porridge” of water and ice.
Important. It is not recommended to wear ugg boots during ice, their sole is poorly adapted for walking on ice.
How to choose?
We will figure out how to choose ugg boots for girls. The first thing you need to pay attention to is the material. For a child, only natural sheepskin uggs are suitable. If the model is made of artificial materials, then you should refuse to buy. These shoes are not too warm. In addition, cheap ugg suede boots often do not have a hard back, which makes these shoes uncomfortable. She quickly gets stuck and will bring nothing but harm to the child. Therefore, be sure to pay attention to the backdrop, it should be quite tight.
Next, look at the sole, it should be soft, elastic, but not thin. For high-quality boots, the sole has a thickness of at least 12 mm.
If ugg boots have decor, then you need to make sure that all the elements are securely fastened. This is especially important if shoes for babies are purchased.
Ugg boots for girls are produced in a wide range. It can be models with a high boot, or uggs with a classic length – to the middle of the calf.
Boots for babies can have a funny decor, for example, they can be applied to the image of lambs or other cute prints. Often used to decorate bows made of suede or satin.
Shoes for children are usually made bright. The most popular color is pink. But you can choose any other.
Ugg boots for teenage girls are more diverse. These models already resemble ugg boots for adult fashionistas. Ugg boots with fur look very nice. For decoration, a sheepskin tinted in the color of boots or white can be used. Sometimes for decoration use other fur, for example, a rabbit or a fox.
Many young fashionistas like ugg boots with rhinestones. It can be one large crystal, which is used instead of a button, or a scattering of rhinestones. Various patterns are laid out of rhinestones or completely cover the surface of the boots with them.
Knitted uggs are also suitable for teenage girls. These can be models fully knitted from wool yarn. However, this option is not very practical, since you can only wear them in not too cold and exclusively in dry weather. Therefore, it is better to buy boots in which only the boot is knitted, and for the manufacture of the bottom, upholstered suede or leather is used.
What to wear?
The question of what to wear with fashionable ugg boots worries teenage girls, as the parents choose the clothes for the babies.
Stylists recommend that young fashionistas wear uggs complete with skinny skinny jeans. Since today, for most girls, it is this particular model of jeans that is their favorite clothing, so there should not be any problems with making ensembles.
Instead of jeans, you can wear warm leggings – plain or patterned. But in the latter case, the rest of the ensemble should be monophonic. You can wear ugg boots with a warm tracksuit and sports jacket. Such an image will look quite harmonious.
In addition to jeans, you can choose a sweater, sweatshirt, longsleeve. That is, the top of the ensemble should be designed in a free style. You should not include elegant silk blouses in a set with uggs.
It is allowed to wear uggs with short skirts made of dense fabrics. You can wear a denim skirt, a plaid fabric skirt. Look good complete with uggs and knitted skirts in the shape of a trapeze.
As an outerwear, a short down jacket or another version of a short outerwear is ideal – a sheepskin coat, short fur coat, quilted jacket. A great addition to the ensemble will serve as knitwear. It can be a hat, beret or snood. Volume scarves, knitted mittens or gloves look good complete with uggs.
In ensembles with ugg boots, you can include voluminous youth or sports bags, but small and elegant bags will not work.
As already mentioned, when choosing sheepskin boots for girls, special attention should be paid to quality. Therefore, it is worth giving preference to products of famous brands.
The most famous brand producing ugg boots, of course, is UGG Australia. Designers of this brand offer ugg boots not only for adults, but also for children. Moreover, starting from different ages. UGG Australia ugg boots are also available for babies. So, for babies, the brand offers pink booties from natural sheepskin.
This older brand offers a variety of models of boots – older girls, classic, with a button trimmed with fur and stasis. So, every young fashionista will be able to choose a model to taste.
Interesting and stylish uggs for girls can be found in the collections of other brands. For example, uggs from Vitacci are made from natural velor and have a variety of designs.
Children’s uggs: stylish and comfortable
Every active child has various obstacles, especially in winter, when the ground is covered with ice and snow.
One of the main tasks of parents during this period is to buy the right shoes for the formation of the foot and a healthy walk of the child. At the same time, shoes should be warm and comfortable.
The ideal option in this case is to buy children’s uggs.
Uggs they call sheepskin ankle boots that came to us from Australia. Due to the special heat-resistant characteristics of the wool, they can be worn both in hot and in cold weather. Due to natural materials, the child’s legs do not sweat in them, while maintaining the natural temperature of the body.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of such shoes as ugg boots are obvious:
1. Their indisputable advantage is comfortable and quick donning. Very often, children can not independently cope with a huge number of zippers, fasteners, laces and other accessories. But to put on ugg boots without the help of parents is not difficult even for a small child.
2. Sheepskin boots are easily cleaned of dirt with a brush or a damp sponge, so parents may not worry that a restless and inquisitive baby will be smeared while walking in the fresh air.
3. Tastefully selected ugg boots look stylish and fashionable. The child will feel more comfortable in shoes that he likes, than in simple leather shoes.
Sheepskin boots from Australia also have disadvantages:
1. Features of their soles can trigger the development of flat feet. To avoid this, you should alternate wearing with orthopedic shoes or buy special insoles.
2. The cost of original shoes is quite high, while children’s legs grow extremely fast.
3. In wet and slushy weather, it is better not to wear ugg boots, as they get very wet. To improve the properties, you can use a water-repellent spray and let the shoe dry for about a day.
How to choose children’s ugg boots?
• It is good if there is a small depression on the heel – with it, boots better retain their original shape. It is worth giving preference to models with a flexible corrugated rubber sole. It is easier to stay on slippery ice. The optimal sole thickness is about 13 mm. Models for babies who still cannot walk can be without rubber soles.
• There should be some free space between the children’s foot and the fur so that the sheepskin can better keep warm. The dense fur on the seamy side of the shoe testifies to the quality product, which does not pluck if pulled by it.
• Natural wool always has a cream color. Otherwise, the buyer is offered a low-quality fake. All external seams on uggs should be strong and equal.
How to distinguish an original ugg from a fake?
If you want to buy original children’s shoes, you need to remember a few true distinguishing features.
1. Country of origin. If the label indicates China or Vietnam, this is not a reason to suspect the product is fake. UGG® Australia has been manufactured by the American company Deckers Outdoor Corporation for several years in these countries, and not Australia. New Zealand (Ultra UGG® Australia boots) may also be listed.
2. Fur on the insole is always a natural cream color (on the inside of the bootleg it matches the color of the boots themselves).
3. The inside – Sheepskin, consisting of a natural single layer of leather and fur. If 2 layers are felt when testing a sheepskin, ugg boots are fake.
4. Patch on the original children’s or adult uggs – the inscription UGG and the symbol – the stylized sun, while the ® symbol is located opposite the gap between the upper and lower parts of the letter G. In fakes, the sign can be shifted. The logo in the original ugg boots is placed on a fabric tag on the back and on the relief of the sole.
Buying ugg boots for your child, you provide him with comfort and reliable protection from the cold at any age.
We knit uggs for the baby
It’s easy to tie ugg boots for a small child. Even a beginner needlewoman will cope with a simple scheme. The process itself consists of several stages: the implementation of the sole, ligation of the tongue, the formation of the shaft and, in conclusion, embroidery for decoration. Materials can be purchased at any needlework store.
What is necessary for knitting
Knitting baby uggs is simple and pleasant, it does not require much experience.
The following tools and materials should be prepared:
- yarn – 100% wool, 300 m, 50 grams, beige and brown colors.
- knitting needles for stockings, No. 2;
- hook number 2.5.
First you need to accurately determine the size. To do this, it is recommended to measure the legs. You can think of a pattern for embroidery or choose one of the standard options.
The knitting process takes place according to a special scheme. The sole of our model will be in 2 layers, both must be done according to the same scheme.
The first version of knitting
With the help of a hook and a beige thread, it is necessary to knit 18 air loops, then, weave 3 VP lifting and grab 3 seams, focusing on the diagram. Line number 4 is tied in 72 single crochet, without additions. The thread is not cut.
The outer side of the boot is tied with a dark brown thread:
- A sole of dense material is placed in the inner region.
- In the upper half of the beige color, capture 72 loops, behind the back wall.
- 5 bands are tied with front stitch.
- In the center of the boot, 21 loops are marked. In a circle, the 6th line is tied, tying together 2 and 1 of the front.
- Repeat the action 7 times.
- Mark 14 threads of the toe.
- Continue the 7th line, without reducing the loops.
- In the 8th lane, they lead the thread in a circle, and those that were marked before this step knit 7 times 2 elements, capturing the threads from the outside.
- In the end, 7 threads should remain on the toe.
In 9 lines, the threads are knitted in a circle, without adding 1 until the moment of the 7th toe. Next, 2 together with facial, 5 l., Capture 2 together, turn the product over. In 10 knit loops, without adding up to 7 p. Knit:
- 2 along with facial;
- 5 facial;
- 2 combine with the face and unfold the workpiece.
In 11 lines, remove 1 loop, 5 wrong, 2 along with wrong. Harvest unfold. In line 12, they remove 1 loop, 5 on the face, 2 along with the face. Expand the product.
From 13 to 18 lines, repeat steps from 11 and 12 rows. Thus the toe will be connected. To 7 elements in the center, add 1 element along the edges. On the finished 9 elements, a boot tongue with a pattern fits. In a row on the face, they alternately knit 1 facial, 1 wrong side.
The wrong side is knitted from the inside, over the front loops, and the front ones over the wrong ones.
The edge line is knitted according to the schematic image. Having retreated to a height of 8 cm, 9 elements are closed. Ready tongue.
Next, begin to knit shafts. He is knitted from the loops remaining from knitting the toe, using the front surface they perform rotary rows. Thus do 32 rows. Having reached 33, at the beginning 2 elements are fixed so that a rounding is obtained. In the next row, at the beginning, 2 elements are fixed, so that in the end it turns out 2 closed loops on both sides. In 35, those loops that remain free are fixed. Thus, the boot is carried out.
At the final stage, embroidery can be done. On the shaft, it is performed with a brown thread. The shape of the rhombuses should be obtained. Light brown thread, in finished rhombuses, make dots, for them, they use the seam “rococo”. When a finished strip with large rhombuses appeared, small brown embroider with a light brown thread, shifting to the side, relatively voluminous. For them backstitch is applied.
Instead of embroidery, buttons or beads are used, which are sewn with an ordinary thread.
The second option for knitting
There is another way of knitting, in which the sole is performed in an identical way, and the strapping is done with double crochets and using embossed loops. So they knit three circles. In a further step, a toe is formed from the lateral central part, knitting a relief column.
Then they knit like this:
- The columns should be voluminous, and after them, they reduce 16 loops.
- In the next part, another 8 loops are removed on the toe, while the relief columns are knitted.
- After that, perform the single crochet in a circular direction.
- When reaching from the sides to the middle, they make another 9 air loops and knit three lifting loops in them, a double crochet into the first lifting loop. Here 2 air loops are performed, with the addition of a third and so on until the end of the row.
Turn the product. Knit a pattern in the form of 4 rows of scales. The final row is crocheted with a crochet. In conclusion, the thread is fixed and cut.
Knitting is important not only in old age, but also at a young age. Warm children’s clothes are especially good in the cold season, and ugg boots can come in handy in the summer. Knitting patterns are available, and their study and step-by-step execution will create children’s cozy shoes.